Monday, July 23, 2007

2007 COMIC CON WARES: SCRAP METTLE LIMITED!

So here's the scoop: I'll be bringing 16 copies of the limited edition of SCRAP METTLE to Comic Con, for sale to the first 16 people to hit booth 4800 with $100 in hand. This is an addition of 25 total, so the remaining few I'm not bringing, plus whatever's left over, will be made available on the blog AFTER the con. I'm not taking reservations on this one. I want these to be a special item for the people making the trip to San Diego. That said, there are a few that are earmarked for the blog, but VERY few. So watch for more info next week. They'll be available on a first-come, first serve basis.

But for your $100, you get the book signed and stamped on the endpapers, along with an original watercolor painting on the opposite endpaper page (not pictured), and in addition, you get a separate 4" x4" original painting of SOUTHPAW with a vintage car, which you can leave in the book as a bookplate or frame and hang. So, that's the book, plus TWO pieces of original art. Hope you dig it!





14 comments:

A-T-G said...

I dig it!! See you in a few!

Nick Bed said...

Thanks for sharing. Beautiful work.

Looney Boy said...

Scott,

does that mean there are 25 of these books and you are bringing 16 of them to the con or are you bringing 16 of those books and still have 25 left over?

Scott Morse said...

25 total, 16 to the con...and two of the 25 will be held by me and Chris Pitzer, leaving a real total of 23 available.

So, that's 16 at the con, 7 held for online, and 2 held for me and Chris.

steve said...

I keep asking why I'm not going to be at Comic Con this year... *sigh* What I'd do for one of those Southpaw pieces...

shiro said...

Wow, I was already excited about Scrap Mettle so I ordered it on amazong but the Limited with the Southpaw painting etc is being mighty tempting! 0_o

Shawn said...

Have fun at SDCC...try not to wear our your arm signing, drawing and painting. Hope to snag one of those precious few books. Also, I'm tryin (in vain) to get some of your original art. It's hard when I'm in Australia!

RYAN ASTAMENDI PHOTOGRAPHY said...

Scott-Great work as usual. I imagine you made quite a splash at Comic-Con. Glad I found you on here. We should catch up. If you'd like to se some of my photography work. Take a look.
Hope all is well,
Ryan Astamendi (www.ryanastamendi.blogspot.com)

RYAN ASTAMENDI PHOTOGRAPHY said...

Scott-Great work as usual. I imagine you made quite a splash at Comic-Con. Glad I found you on here. We should catch up. If you'd like to se some of my photography work. Take a look.
Hope all is well,
Ryan Astamendi (www.ryanastamendi.blogspot.com)

RYAN ASTAMENDI PHOTOGRAPHY said...

Scott-Great work, as usual. I'm sure you made quite a splash at Comic-Con. We need to catch up. If you'd like to see some of my photography work...take a look. I'm still at Disney, 13 years later.
Hope all is well.
Ryan Astamendi (www.ryanastamendi.blogspot.com)

roxxykristen said...

Hey Scott! Great meeting you at the comicon. Hope you like the book I gave you! I love your work, it rocks!

Unknown said...

Looks awesome Scott! Dang... didn't know about this other book...

I guess I missed out.

Great to meet you anyways. the Myths book is beautiful btw.

fawn said...

I absolutely love how your books are printed (i went to the nucleus show in alhambra and got my copy of the ancient book of myth and war~)

do you mind me asking where you get your books printed? i've been trying to find a good print house and i'm also located in the Bay area, so, since you're at pixar, maybe, by chance you use a local printer?

Arree Chung said...

i love these! can i buy a watercolor?

you can email me at arreechung@hotmail.com if you still have any