Thursday, July 03, 2008

TIGER!TIGER!TIGER!


Here's a work in progress, but I think it's close. Chris Pitzer is taking a look at it, so it might very well evolve before publication, but this is your first look at the cover to TIGER!TIGER!TIGER! Volume 1. Look for it in stores this holiday season. I might have some preview pages at San Diego, so swing by to check 'em out. This is an INCREDIBLY personal series of books I've been working hard on, very experimental, that relay autobiographical stories about being a dad and dealing with life in general, which is something I sometimes really struggle with, as I'm sure everyone out there does. You'll notice the SOUTHPAW design has been resurrected to serve as my "paper tiger". This series is loaded with different types of art, ways of storytelling, and some tough ideas. I love working on it, and I hope you'll all love reading it very very soon.

6 comments:

Joe Karg said...

Scott,
This book looks amazing! I will be by for sure at SD. I'm hoping to grab a sketch as well.

Peace,
Joe

William Bradford said...

I was blown away with your work. I looks like a lot of it is pastel and... gauche? I'm curious.

Someday I hope to work at Pixar too, but I've got a long way to go, methinks.

I was especially agoged (I doubt that's a word) by your Planet of the Apes piece, BTW.

Good luck on the next picture they put you on (UP, perchance?)

Wandrille MAUNOURY said...

My brother bought me " the ancient book of war" and I loved your work, that's concentred watercolor right ? how do you do that ? I'm a big fan !
all the best !

Ciaran said...

Wow! I can't wait. It looks and sounds like it's going to be amazing.

Dave Dick said...

I'm super pumped about this book! Can't wait to get a copy!

Eliot said...

Recently read this book to my ≈1yo son Eliot. We loved it. I, Daddy-O, relate to the story totally. Thanks.