Thursday, July 10, 2008

TOTORO FOREST PROJECT



You may have heard rumors of an art movement called THE TOTORO FOREST PROJECT. I've been sworn to secrecy for a few months now, but the catbus is out of the bag. We, the artists, were asked to depict an original Totoro and tell its story. Above, you'll find i contributed two Totoros to the cause, URSALO and OTTORO. You can find their stories on pages 4 and 5 of the GALLERY section of the Totoro Forest Project site.

Totoro Forest Project is an international charity effort to preserve Sayama Forest, also known as Totoro Forest. This endangered sanctuary on the outskirts of Tokyo is where director Hayao Miyazaki got the inspiration for his much loved character “Totoro.” Over 200 top international artists from animation, illustration, and comics are donating artwork especially created for this cause.

On september 6th 2008 Pixar Animation Studios will be hosting an art auction event featuring all these fantastic pieces of art. All the proceeds of this fundraiser will benefit the Totoro Forest Foundation.

Please, if you can, donate to save this forest by either making a contribution, buying the art book when it becomes available, or attending the auction at Pixar and bidding on a piece of exceptional artwork. I'll be offering two pieces, both displayed here.

11 comments:

A-T-G said...

Wow Scott! These are fantastic! I'm in LOVE with Ottoro...just in love. I've looked at all the pieces again and again...this auction is going to hurt my wallet...serious ouch.

See you at 'Con!

steve said...

I'd love to attend, but just can't. However... a friend of mine is thinking about going, and if so... I'm going to see if he'll bid for me. I'd love to have that OTTORO piece...

If nothing else, I'll be getting a book! (again, if he goes!) Great work Scott! Lots of lovely pieces!

Very nice of Pixar to open it's doors for this event.

shiro said...

Brilliant!
Really brilliant, it's like a dream come ture to see you paint a Totoro Scott! X3 I love Totoro, I'll definitly be getting this book, hope it can help save the forest too.

Dave Dick said...

What a great cause and two beautiful contributions!

Unknown said...

Lovely contributions Scott!! Can't wait to see everyone's work in person.

Jed Alexander said...

Great paintings as usual!

Don't know if you remember me but I have a new comic strip here:

http://www.topshelfcomix.com/ts2.0

(The Blue Kid)

It's a weekly type deal. At least for the first story.

abhishek singh said...

amazin work ..
yours interpretation is fantastic !!
lovely composition
:)
what a cause and a great piece
i wish u all the luk

Unknown said...

The need for this "Totoro Forest" project makes my heart heavy, but the artist work gives the cause dignity and grace. Art can heal.

Frankie Stellato said...

Wow man this is a fantastic blog you've got here! I'll be sure to swing by more often.

Jenny Lerew said...

Those are beautiful pieces, Scott.

I hope I see you in a couple of weeks-and this time I get to give youa book. : )
xoxo-Jenny

Casey said...

beautiful stuff